If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (800) 981-2601

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide in Your Business: Silent Killer

2/21/2019 (Permalink)

Carbon Monoxide is an invisible and odorless gas that is released when fuel sources do not burn completely. The sources of fuel can be oil, propane, gasoline, and even wood.  Even gas stovetops in your restaurant can be a source of CO if not used properly.  It can kill a person within minutes.

Carbon monoxide displaces the oxygen in the blood and deprives your vital organs of oxygen. Not having the proper detection system in place can put your employees at risk of death.

Below are some tips to prevent carbon monoxide leaks.

Read the manufacturers’ safety and operating guidelines of the equipment used.

Keep your fuel-burning appliances and engines properly ventilated.

Educate your employees on proper fuel use. Also educate them about the hazards and symptoms of CO exposure.

Do not use fuel-powered equipment indoors. Open doors and windows may not provide the adequate ventilation.

Check that batteries are working in detectors and change at least twice a year.

Your business should have CO detectors or alarm systems in place in the case of CO buildup. Have one of our experts at SERVPRO of Citrus Heights/Roseville perform an inspection to see how well your business holds up to CO detection standards.

Other News

View Recent Posts